Friday, May 8, 2009

Paul Martin’s Barbados diary!

It is easy to see why Kian and Jodi have chosen Barbados for their dream wedding - even with 600,000 magazine deal, they both could not help but feel very laid back in this lovely part of the world.

Do you remember the ad about lilt when a Rastafarian man gets stuck behind women on a donkey on a deserted dusty road and declares its total gridlock? That pretty sums up about this island.

Even the paparazzi around here would tell you there is no need to panic and rush here.

Like yesterday for instance when I went out on a catamaran around the bay with the Westlife lads. Within minutes of heading out on the cruise we paparazzi in hot pursuit of you.

These weren’t your normal fleet street snappers who would stop at nothing to get that big money bikini shot. Instead we tailed by two big Barbadian women, one peddling in a peddle whilst the other opted to chase us in a canoe.

It was like a scene out of Benny Hill. They soon realised they were fighting in vane to keep up with us then they headed back to the beach to a barbecue. No need to panic man...

Then as we arrived back, one of the locals tried to acquaint himself with me on the private beach outside the hotel.

“Me name is Mrrrrrrrrrrrr Reasonablllllllllllllllllle.”, he told me, putting his fist out to hit mine, and adding for good measure, Global peace Man, Global peace.

He helpfully continued. "If you need anything, anything at all just ask for Mrrrrrrrrr Rasonabbleeeeee, and me will come to you brother. Until then you chill out man..."

Just as I was thinking the Barbadian folk are about the friendliest bunch of people I have ever met, since my last visit to Donegal, Jodi and Kian put me right over breakfast.

"When Mr. Reasonable says anything at all, what he really means is any kind of drugs at all." explained Jodi.

"There’s also a man running around calling himself Da Medicine Dr. And he doesn’t mean, a box of parcetamol or rennies."

It looks like I still have a lot to learn, on this island. And there was me just hoping to get my hands on a can of lilt.

Is that so unreasonable...

Credit/Source: Irish Daily Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment