Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I want to be a mum says Cecelia - after babysitting for sister

Chick-lit author Cecelia Ahern would love to turn her attention towards bedtime stories one day and fulfill her dream of having babies.

The writer has told the Diary she would love one day to follow in her sister Georgina's footsteps and become a mum herself.

"I have always said that I would love to have babies, of course I would," she said.

"I babysat the twins with mum recently when Georgina was over in Barbados and I had so much fun with them. We had them for a few days and they were fantastic, but it was also nice to hand them back at the end!"

The glamorous novelist is still dating her athlete-turned-actor David Keoghan and revealed they enjoyed a romantic trip to Moscow recently.

The couple, who have been dating more than six years, now live together in a plush pad in Malahide -- and she has previously described him as "the one".

Hectic

"I was over there doing a book tour and that was amazing. It was my first time there and David came with me, so we could go out for dinner in the evening as well as working. It was a mad schedule though, really hectic," she said.

"It was an incredible experience, there were queues out the doors of the bookshops. I was over there to promote Thanks For The Memories and I had no idea it sold so well there. The people were lovely, just like here.

"They were really emotional when they came up to talk to me as I found out that they adore love stories -- Russian women are into romance.

"We were staying near Red Square and I didn't get much sight-seeing in but if I was only going to have seen one thing, I'm glad it was the Square. It was so breath-taking."

Hard-working Cecelia has just put the finishing touches to her latest book, which her seventh. After finishing it, she had her usual "glass of Champagne and a little cry".

"That's my little tradition now when I finish a book, it's just the best feeling. I'm waiting for my edit notes now," she continued.

She's also over the moon after selling the movie rights to Thanks For The Memories.

"I'm really excited about that but I never got involved in the casting," she added.

Cecelia also believes the Irish film industry is doing okay, despite the downturn.

"I think projects are still getting made. If people want to make things happen they will, you can get the money from all sorts of funding projects," she said.

--MF

Source: www.herald.ie
Credit:Dazzling Westlife

No comments:

Post a Comment